Or keeps me happy at least.
It started out like this, a regular guys shirt.
Then I took it in, made it smaller and gave it a more femenine shape, cut of the sleeves and attached them to the bottom to ruffle it up and make it into more of a dress. Oh and added my favourite detailing du jour, the rolling-up-sleeve-strap-button thing.
Accessorised of course, with one of my tie-belts. (I have no idea why the picture is so small)
The sleeves into ruffle worked out better that I had imagined, I think I'll be on the look out for a couple more mens shirts to make some more. Along with this, I've been working my way through my alterations to-do list, which means this pink dress and this blue dress now fit me and are no longer lying redundant in my wardrobe. (The blue one is also minus the marks by the way!)
Oh and yesterday I found this in a charity shop, for the princely sum of 50p.
You might wonder why I should want such a thing when I have a fully functioning, fabulous regular sewing machine. Well, I thought it would be useful for akward bits of sewing, where you can't quite get the piece to like flat or something like that, and for when I make things like my shu-boots. I haven't got the right batteries for it yet, so I hope it works! And lets not forget, this is as seen on tv! Err..in 1976 that is.