Monday 2 June 2008

long time no post

Exams are over finally, thank god. I didn't do much to celebrate except for a brief detour into a charity shop and a frugal expenditure of £1.50 on these shades, buttons and scarf.

These are kinda tacky I know. But used in a certain way they'll look cool.

I like the two-tone crochet thing going on.

Yesterday was my friend Erica's "I hope it doesn't rain birthday party barbiequeue". I did not rain which was a lucky surprise. I forgot to take pictures of what I made for her or any of the barbequeing action though. Part of her gift involved one of the buttons above, collaged images from Hansel and Gretel, and beads turned into a brooch. It started out being cute but then kind of went a bit disturbing in a Hitchcock's Birds kinda way. But I like to think of it as if the witch from Erica's film 'One for Sorrow' were also the witch from Hansel and Gretel. You kinda have to see it for that to make sense.

Wow, now I'm free to do all the makings I want and go on some hardcore charity shop hauling. It feels weird.

No comments: