Sunday 28 December 2008

famous last words

As soon as I said I wasn't abandoning my blog, it got temporarily abandoned. I guess things got busy as "things" always do. Anyway, it's really not getting abandoned again, I really miss blogging fever. Although as 2008 draws to a close, and we think back over the past year, I really have to say the departure of Fops and Dandies has really left a huge void. There's loads of blogs I love, but without Fops and Dandies...things are just not the same. Anyway, here's to 2009, with lots of new found inspiration and joy.

Lately, somehow or the other, I was reminded of Shrinkles, the kids craft toy... aka shrink plastic, ...that plasticky-paper you drew on and coloured in, then popped in the oven and watched shrink...? Well some people know what I mean, others just look confused as I push into their hand a small badge strangely resembles a kids drawing embodied in plastic.


The drawings...


the colouring in ...


the shrinking...


the finished shrinkle!


It's rather addictive...

3 comments:

estrella said...

It sounds fun and looks great, I need to find out if I can get it somewhere in my city!!

Anonymous said...

dito your fops and dandies pine.

Anonymous said...

i found your blog yesterday
i like it:)
your pictures are very impressive and interesting:)